Try this recipe from our chef, Todd Gunter
Pair with Fiano
1 cup eggplant (peeled and shredded)
1 tablespoon Butter
1 cup feta cheese
1/2 cup green onion
1/4 cup parsley (fresh and minced)
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 cup sourdough bread crumbs
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Place shredded eggplant on a paper towel and lightly sprinkle with salt and let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Use another paper towel to press down on it to remove excess moisture.
3. Sauté eggplant for 2-3 minutes in Butter, and allow to cool.
4. Place eggplant in a bowl and mix with feta, green onions, parsley, eggs, bread crumbs salt & pepper.
5. In deep frying pan fill with oil about 1/4″ deep.
6. Form small patties and fry until golden brown.
7. Drain on paper towels.